Tuesday 29 October 2013

Miley Cyrus: ‘I’d rather be naked in front of people than cry in front of people


	Miley’s clips that have crossed 100 million views are ‘We Can’t Stop,’ ‘Wrecking Ball,’ ‘7 Things,’ ‘Party in the U.S.A.’ and ‘Can't Be Tamed.’

VEVO

Miley Cyrus’ clips that have crossed 100 million views are ‘We Can’t Stop,’ ‘Wrecking Ball,’ ‘7 Things,’ ‘Party in the U.S.A.’ and ‘Can't Be Tamed.’

Miley Cyrus just can't stop.
The 20-year-old pop star has been deemed "Certified" by VEVO for having five of her music videos reach over 100 million views, including her most recent hits, "We Can't Stop" and "Wrecking Ball."
While Cyrus shuns the critics, she celebrates with her fans, whom she calls Smilers.
PHOTOS: MILEY CYRUS' MOST ATTENTION-SEEKING MOMENTS
Cyrus celebrated her achievement with her many devotees, whom she calls Smilers. She says they’re the best fans on Twitter.

VEVO

Cyrus celebrated her achievement with her many devotees, whom she calls Smilers. She says they’re the best fans on Twitter.

"When I had this show that I did called 'The Miley and Mandy Show,' she would always call me Milers or Smilers, and it just kind of picked up," she told VEVO in an exclusive interview.
"I said the other day 'my fans are the best fans' on Twitter, and everyone's fans got really mad," Cyrus added. "But I don't care because they actually are."
"If you're a Smiler, it means you have to love Miley Cyrus no matter what," one fan explained.
PHOTOS: SEXIEST STAGE OUTFITS OF ALL TIME
Miley Cyrus said: 'For me, nudity has never been something that I've ever tripped about. I'd rather be naked in front of people than cry in front of people because I don't like showing weakness and that shows a lot of vulnerabilities.'

MILEYCYRUSVEVO VIA YOUTUBE

Miley Cyrus said: 'For me, nudity has never been something that I've ever tripped about. I'd rather be naked in front of people than cry in front of people because I don't like showing weakness and that shows a lot of vulnerabilities.'

So despite the unyielding backlash the singer has received for her controversial MTV VMA performance and the nudity in her "Wrecking Ball" video, she keeps moving forward with her millions of fans backing her.
"For me, nudity has never been something that I've ever tripped about," she admitted. "I don't really see it the way everyone else sees it. I'd rather be naked in front of people than cry in front of people because I don't like showing weakness and that shows a lot of vulnerabilities."
Cyrus' very public relationship with Liam Hemsworth came to an end in September after the couple, who were engaged at the time, had been together for four years.
PHOTOS: BROKEN CELEBRITY ENGAGEMENTS
The video for 'Wrecking Ball' put Miley Cyrus over the top to be ‘certified’ by VEVO for having five videos cross the 100 million view mark.

MILEYCYRUSVEVO VIA YOUTUBE

The video for 'Wrecking Ball' put Miley Cyrus over the top to be ‘certified’ by VEVO for having five videos cross the 100 million view mark.

Still, the former Disney star didn't shed a tear in public and instead admitted she was the "happiest I've ever been" in an interview with Ellen DeGeneres shortly after the split.
While the "Wrecking Ball" video did show Cyrus' more vulnerable side, she kept to her shocking ways by making out with a sledgehammer at the direction of Terry Richardson.
"[He said] 'Look like you're in love with it, you're really sad!'" Cyrus recalled. "I just started kissing it. I didn't even know why. He was like, 'Keep doing it! Keep doing it! Looks like you really are in love with this thing!'"
PHOTOS: CHILD STAR MELTDOWNS
Miley’s awards for crossing 100 million views five times.

VEVO

Miley’s awards for crossing 100 million views five times.

But when the starlet began licking the sledgehammer, the production staff said: "You can't lick that thing! There's paint!"
"[I said] 'I don' t care, I think this is actually going to be dope,'" Cyrus responded. "So everything around just looks like I'm in love and holding on to whatever last little bit that there is, even if that's what's destroying the place. You're holding onto that sledgehammer even if it's what's destroying everything around you."
Despite her many naysayers, it's hard to deny she's on to something big, as it seems her fan base continues growing every day.
Cyrus' other videos that have reached over 100 million views come from her pre-blond-short-hairdo days, when there was still a hint of that bright-eyed kid on "Hannah Montana." Those clips are "7 Things," "Party in the U.S.A.," and "Can't Be Tamed."

0 comments:

Post a Comment